a shi-tzu named bella.....


today i am dedicating my post to my 4 year old shi-tzu, bella. i received bella as a gift from rey 4 years ago..she was about 8 weeks old, born on february 14, 2007 a teeny tiny little bundle that hopped around like a bunny.  she is the sweetest most loving dog i have ever met, not only because she was born on valentines day, but, she is just a naturally sweet dog.  i can't even imagine not having her in my life these past 4 years. for just small dog (weighing in at give or take a few usually, 14ish lbs) she has brought so much joy to mine and rey's lives.  if you aren't a dog person you will probably never understand what i am talking about but, there is something about a dog that greets you as soon as you walk through the door.  they don't judge you, they don't care what you look like, they don't care what you did that day or even if you yelled at them that morning before leaving, they completely forgive you and forget.  no matter what, they have unconditional love and devotion to their owners. it's a shame more people aren't this way.  i love how every morning while i'm doing my hair and make up she sits at my feet and stares up at me watching intently and then suddenly sprints off wagging her tale.  it's like she suddenly remembered she had to be at an important meeting or had some laundry to do. it makes me laugh every time. i'm so excited to see bella around baby landon, i know she will love him and protect him just like she has these past years with rey and i. people tell me all the time that once the baby is here things will change and we won't have as much time for the dog and all of our attention will be on the baby.  which i'm sure to an extent  is true, but bella will always have a special place in my heart.  after all, she was my first "child" and will always be my first little girl. :)








0 comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha thinkin!

follow me on instagram @rhiannon_lorenzo

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author