Adventures in Magic Kingdom

So. As you may of noticed I have been slacking as of late in my blogging duties. I have no real excuse other than life just getting in the way.

A few weekends ago we took a mini vacation/staycation with my parents to the Pop Century Resort at Disney.  It was such a nice weekend spent in our own backyard of Orlando. We swam, ate delicious food and walked the boardwalk. This was Landon's first trip to Magic Kingdom where he was actually awake, we took him over Christmas but he slept the entire time. We could of been sitting in the parking lot of Chick- Fil-A for all he knew.
Let me be frank here. Theme parks are not on my list of favorite places to visit. Living here in Central Florida I could go anytime I choose. But, honestly the thought of pushing a stroller around in the 98* heat with a 13 month old who's face turns beet red in zero to 10 seconds accompanied by smelly tourists just doesn't appeal me.
I have to admit, our visit on this particular Saturday surprised me. Yes, it was hot. Yes, there were plenty of smelly tourists, and yes, I did run up the ankles of the too slow walkers in front of me with my stroller. This time there was something different. This time I was able to show my little beet red 13 month old things he has never seen or done. Sure, he won't remember that day when he is 15 and Rey and I show him the photos. To me that doesn't even matter. What matters is the memories that were made that day. And that sweet look on his face during It's a Small World. No heat or sea of tourists can take that away. It's days like this that turn my negative outlook on things into positives. Being a mother to Landon truly has changed me in more ways than he will ever, ever know.
























2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures, you have a beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun adventure! You are lucky to live so close by! Love his little Mickey hat!!

    ReplyDelete

tell me whatcha thinkin!

follow me on instagram @rhiannon_lorenzo

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author