6 week recap....

I’ve been slacking on my blogging as of late, mainly due to the fact I now have a 6 week old baby that consumes a majority of my time. Not that I’m complaining, he is the best thing in the entire world.
So where do I begin? A lot has happened over the past month or so.  Landon is now 6 weeks old and is growing what seems like daily. The past 6 weeks have gone by faster than I could ever imagine, people always tell you “Just wait, they grow up so fast”. I always thought that was an annoying cliché phrase but, it’s true. Last week I had to start packing away some of his newborn clothes he has outgrown, we also had to switch from newborn diapers to size 1. We learned the hard way when he exploded diarrhea all over Rey at the mall that we needed to switch to the bigger size.  We also had to remove his extra headrest from the car seat.  His hair also seems to grow longer with each passing hour, the kid is blessed with a full head of hair (for now at least) and a messily coiffed faux hauk. People have seriously asked me if I cut his hair that way.  And no, I do not style his hair, it naturally has a mind of it’s own. All of these things make me a teeny bit sad, I don’t want him to grow up so fast but, then again I can’t wait to see what he will be like when he starts crawling, walking and talking.

Rey and I have a pretty good routine going at night now. We have mastered the art of trading every other feeding, one of us gets up, gets the bottle ready, gets the pillows all propped up on the bed, feeds him then changes his diaper.  Three hours later it’s the others turn.  During the day Rey is at work so I have fulltime mommy duty. I have a pretty good routine down during the day, it consists of feeding, burping, changing, repeat. Usually when he is napping I have a chance to get some stuff done around the house and catch up on the DVR. 

Since day one Rey and I have taken him out of the house so he is used to being out in the world. He is actually better out and about than at home. At home he can be fussy and antsy, I put him in the car seat and take him for a short jaunt to Target and he is all better.  Usually snoozing the trip away. I kid you not, as soon as I get home and take him out of his car seat he starts to cry. I’m pretty sure he has inherited my slight A.D.D. of needing to be entertained at all times and not enjoying just laying around at home.  I think he also enjoys being out in the world because of all the compliments he gets from strangers that think he is a super cute baby….I happen to agree with them, although I may be biased.
For someone so small he has stolen my heart in just a short amount of time. I can’t imagine not having him in my life.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

tell me whatcha thinkin!

follow me on instagram @rhiannon_lorenzo

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author